- This event has passed.
Redevelopment Planning Law Class (CM | 12)
October 16, 2013 - October 17, 2013
This two-day course on the redevelopment planning process will provide a broader understanding of the crucial issues, steps and challenges associated with the New Jersey’s Local Redevelopment and Housing Law (LRHL). The workshop includes an in-depth review of the LRHL, an analysis of the redevelopment planning process designations, discussion on how to engage the community in the redevelopment planning process, review and examination of the redevelopment plan in relations to current legal issues and challenges, review of the mandatory and optional provisions of the redeveloper’s agreement, and discussions on some of the recent legal and public policy issues on redevelopment such as eminent domain, environmental liability and relocation.
This course will also cover:
- Legal criteria used to make a determination between an area in need of redevelopment or in need of rehabilitation
- Interaction of redevelopment and other required or beneficial governmental action
- What experts, advisors, and support should be brought into the process and when
- Technical requirements of the redevelopment planning process
- How to prepare for public hearings and deal with oppositions
- Community engagement in the redevelopment process
- Eminent domain and the possibility of condemnation
- Redevelopment plans and agreements
- Financing, grants, and tax issues in redevelopment projects
- Environmental due diligence
To learn more and register, visit: http://www.njra.us/rti
Events in blue are provided by other groups we’ve been asked to share with our membership.
Events in green are for topics regarding hazard mitigation and recovery planning.