- This event has passed.
Policy Briefing: The Future of Preservation Funding
October 10, 2014 @ 8:00 am - 10:30 am
The referendum for a stable source of open space funding barely made it onto the November ballot. Tom Gilbert, Keep It Green will describe what the referendum means and what needs to be done to ensure its passage. Other speakers will discuss the importance of open space for healthy communities. The second panel will discuss surprising incentives for land owners to preserve land as well as measures that can be taken to encourage land owners to preserve land. Issues around the challenges and opportunities in preserving urban lands will also be highlighted.
8:00 Registration & Continental Breakfast
- Tom Gilbert, Keep It Green – How to Secure a Stable Source of Open Space Funding
- Michael Frank, Heritage Conservancy – The Value of Open Space and How It Enhances Communities
9:30 Strategies for Stretching Public Dollars
- Wade Martin, Morgan Stanley – The Surprising Economics for the Land Owner
- Ed Wengryn, Farm Bureau – Farm Preservation Issues
- Damon Rich, City of Newark Planning Office – Challenges and Opportunities for Urban Open Space
10:30 Q & A
*AICP CM 2.5