- This event has passed.
(Webinar) Micromobility in Your Community
June 16, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
Technology and changes being brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic are at the forefront of growing demand for new and emerging travel options in the NJTPA region. A convergence of both conventional and power-assisted bicycles and scooters, and other “mini-modes” are behind a radical rethinking of short distance and first-/last-mile access. While this micromobility revolution is attracting a variety of shared ride, commercial and personal users, many communities are looking for answers on how to incorporate them safely, equitably and sustainably through community policies, effective programs and roadway infrastructure. Join our panel of experts as we explore these issues.
8:50 to 9:00 Sign-In / Join us
9:00 to 9:05 Welcome: Mary D. Ameen, Executive Director, NJTPA
9:05 to 9:15 What is Micromobility
Presenter: Aimee Jefferson, AICP – Principal Planner, NJTPA
- Federal (USDOT), MPOs and Other Definitions
- NJ State Legislation – Guidelines and Requirements
9:15 to 10:15 Micromobility Perspectives Speaker Panel: Join micromobility advocates and employees, a municipal transportation manager and a leading academic expert as we explore their diverse perspectives and experiences in incorporating micromobility in communities.
- Moderator: Courtenay Mercer, AICP, PP – Co-Chair, TNJ Efficient Task Force / Principal, Mercer Planning Associates
- Michael Smart, PhD. (Invited): Associate Professor, Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy, Rutgers University
- Mike Manzella, AICP, PP: Director of Transportation/Deputy City Manager, City of Asbury Park, NJ
- Peter Kim: Bike Hoboken – Hoboken, NJ
- Marco Germano and Kala LaFortune Reed : Food on Bikes – Newark, NJ
10:15 to 10:30 Audience Q&A with Speaker Panel: Ask our expert panelists questions about advancing micromobility in your community.