- This event has passed.
Pond Design, Management and Maintenance
April 18, 2014 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
This one-day class is meant for pond owners, pond managers, landscape architects, engineers and anyone involved with the design, management or maintenance of ponds. This course is structured to help you make the proper decisions regarding the appearance, function or up-keep of your pond. Starting with design, learn how to build a pond, including the construction of embankments and dams and the selection and installation of liners. You will also learn how to create and maintain a stable shoreline, create and aquascape littoral benches, and optimize habitat for fish and aquatic wildlife.
• New Jersey – 2 Units in Category 13 (IPM in Schools), 8 Units in Category 5 (Aquatic)
• New York – 3 credits in 5A
• Pennsylvania – 5 credits in category 18 – Demonstration and Research, 9 – Aquatic Pest Control and Private Category
• Maryland – 6 credits in category 5 and 10
• Delaware – 4 credits in 5A
• New Jersey – 7.25 hours
• New York – 7.0 hours (CL)
Other Continuing Education Credits
• ATTENTION HEALTH OFFICERS AND REGISTERED ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SPECIALISTS: Participants who complete this education program will be awarded 7.25 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs).
• GCSAA – Pending
• Certified Public Works Managers – 3 Technical, 3 Management
• SAF – Pending
• TCH’s – 6.5 Hours Approval #01-031101-30
New Jersey Licensed Professional Engineers
• 18 Continuing Professional Competency Credits
New York Professional Engineers & Land Surveyors
• 6 PDHs (not acceptable if taken after Lake Management in the same triennial period)
This course is approved for 0.7 CEUs towards the NALMS’ Certified Lake Manager/Certified Lake Professionals Program.
To learn more, visit: http://www.cpe.rutgers.edu/courses/current/ew0315ca.html