- This event has passed.
Planning for Immigrant and Multi-Ethnic Communities (CM | 2.0)
June 22, 2012 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The forum will feature:
Melissa Kim, Director, North 5th Street Revitalization Project
Philip Green, VISTA Volunteer, North 5th Street Revitalization Project
Stacey Chen, AICP, Associate, Interface Studio LLC
Mindy Watts, AICP, PP, Senior Associate, Interface Studio LLC
Key Learning Objectives
- To understand key concepts, trends and issues relating to immigration and their planning implications for U.S. cities and towns
- To become familiar with a variety of perspectives, strategies and tools for community planning and development in multi-ethnic contexts
- 5th Street Business District Plan in Olney, Philadelphia, PA
- Citywide Vision Plan, Suwanee, GA
- Neighborhood Plans, Eastern North Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA and Cramer Hill, Camden, NJ
By the end of this session, participants will have an understanding of:
- Key planning concepts and issues to consider when planning in immigrant and multi-ethnic contexts
- A range of planning approaches, skills and tactics to respond to these issues.
Events in blue are provided by other groups we’ve been asked to share with our membership.
Events in green are for topics regarding hazard mitigation and recovery planning.