- This event has passed.
One Day Agency-to-Agency Flood Risk Mentoring Session
July 23, 2013$100
The National Association of Flood and Stormwater Management Agencies (NAFSMA) is pleased to announce a special one-day Agency to Agency Flood Risk Management Mentoring Session at the Hyatt Regency, Two Fountain Plaza, Buffalo, NY 14202. A total of six core continuing education units for Certified Floodplain Management will be available for participants in the meeting which is sponsored by NAFSMA, in cooperation with the Association of State Floodplain Managers (ASFPM), the New York State Floodplain and Stormwater Managers Association (NYSFSMA) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
The registration fee for the July 23 session, which includes lunch and a continental breakfast is $100. Please note that a travel stipend of $125 is available to public agency participants (one per agency).
Key topics to be covered in the one-day session include:
- How NFIP Reforms as a Result of Biggert Waters 2012 will Affect Your Community
- How to Reduce the Cost of Flood Insurance Through FEMA’s CRS Program
- Participants Share Lessons Learned in FEMA’s Cooperating Technical Programs
- Local Flood Risk Management Issues
- FEMA’s Levee Analysis Mapping Program Initiative – Map Status – How to Keep Your Maps Moving
- How to Prepare for Involvement in FEMA’s Great Lakes Coastal Mapping Process
- Update on New York’s Coastal Erosion Maps
- The Importance of Outreach and Communication in Flood Risk Management
- Resilient Community Planning and Development Strategies
- Update on National Stormwater Management Program Rulemaking and Issues
- How the Silver Jackets Program Can Assist State and Local Flood Risk Management Efforts