- This event has passed.
NJ History and Historic Preservation Conference
June 7, 2018 - June 8, 2018
It’s going to be an exciting and packed two-day event in Paterson, home to Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park.
The NJ History and Historic Preservation conference is the annual state-wide educational and networking opportunity for history and historic preservation professionals and volunteers in the fields of architecture, planning, heritage site and museum management, public history, archaeology, municipal preservation commissions, county heritage offices, developers, students, and more.
Day 1 Highlights:
- Choice of a bus tour of Dutch-American architecture or workshop on telling African-American history
- The first combined presentation of the NJ Historic Preservation Awards by the Historic Preservation Office/Historic Sites Council and Preservation New Jersey
- Opening Reception at the Hamilton Club with invited speaker Leonard Zax
Day 2 Highlights:
- Plenary Panel Discussion on Embracing the Future of Historic Preservation
- Choice of 17 classroom sessions and tours of Paterson’s commercial historic district
- Marketplace sponsor and vendor exhibits
- Awards presentation for student poster competition by NJ Council on the Humanities
You may register for either or both days. Registration is now open.
Events in blue are provided by other groups we’ve been asked to share with our membership.
Events in green are for topics regarding hazard mitigation and recovery planning.