Greater Mercer TMA is a nonprofit organization located in Princeton, NJ that works to promote transportation choices that reduce congestion, improve mobility, increase safety and further sustainability in Mercer and Ocean County New Jersey.
GMTMA is looking for a creative and motivated self-starter to fill the position of Transportation Planning Specialist. The desired candidate should have an understanding of the concepts and practices of bicycle and pedestrian planning, transportation demand management, transit planning, and an appreciation of the role that transportation plays in contributing to sustainability, equity and the livability of a region.
The Transportation Planning Specialist will be involved in all areas of the GMTMA work program. Programs include Safe Routes to School, human service transportation, shuttles, bicycle/pedestrian, transportation demand management and safety related projects.
The Transportation Planning Specialist will be expected to:
- Provide planning and technical support for transportation planning studies, conducting research and outreach as needed and preparing reports.
- Assist with shuttle planning, as needed, which may include data analysis, surveying and monitoring of service.
- Conduct group transit travel training instruction for transportation disadvantaged groups.
- Attend and participate in municipal, county, and steering committee meetings as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning or related major
- Minimum one year professional planning experience or equivalent internship(s) if Master’s Degree
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable with public presentations and working with diverse groups
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Knowledge of GIS is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel in our service area
- Enthusiastic about improving mobility
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and any salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org