Move forward with us! At NJ TRANSIT, you’ll join us in transforming the third-largest transportation agency in North America. We are committed to delivering safe, reliable service that gets customers to their destinations on time–and we’re looking to hire talented folks with a love of learning to make it all possible.
- Responsible for the operation of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), database and graphics software relating to the preparation, integration and analysis of transportation data and the preparation of maps.
- Responsible for GIS data production, including bus route digitizing and linear referencing.
- Creates and executes spatial and non-spatial queries with GIS and spatial databases.
- Prepares maps and graphics using GIS and graphical software for production in hard copy and digital format.
- Responsible for analysis of transportation data, including geographic information and data associated with transit operations, in support of GIS applications, location systems and related technologies.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Geography, Transportation, Information Technology, Engineering or related area, from a U.S. Department of Education accredited college or university and two (2) years of professional experience with Geographic Information Systems, concentrating in spatial data analysis, GIS data creation, and map preparation.
- Master’s degree in any or one of the above-mentioned areas may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
The following skills are desirable: Proficiency with Oracle Spatial; Proficiency with the ESRI suite of products including ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise; Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator for map preparation.
At NJ Transit you will enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefit package:
- Comprehensive Family Health Insurance – Prescription, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- 401(a), 401(k) Retirement Plans – up to 9% employer contribution
- Tuition Assistance
- Qualified Transportation Expense Plan (QTE)
At NJ TRANSIT we support and depend upon the diversity of our staff. NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply