Forbes List of America s Best Employers 2018
Move forward with us! At NJ TRANSIT, you ll join us in transforming the third-largest transportation agency in North America. We are committed to delivering safe, reliable service that gets customers to their destinations on time–and we re looking to hire talented folks with a love of learning to make it all possible.
- Responsible for the operation of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), database and graphics software relating to the preparation, integration and analysis of transportation data and the preparation of maps.
- Responsible for GIS data production, including geocoding and linear referencing.
- Creates and executes spatial and non-spatial queries with GIS and spatial databases.
- Prepares maps and graphics using GIS and graphical software for production in hard copy and digital format.
- Responsible for analysis of transportation data, including geographic information and data associated with transit operations, in support of GIS applications, location systems and related technologies.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Geography, Transportation, Information Technology, Engineering or related area, from a U.S. Department of Education accredited college or university and two (2) years of professional experience with Geographic Information Systems, concentrating in spatial data analysis, GIS data creation, and map preparation. Proficiency with database applications skills is desirable. Master’s degree in any or one of the above mentioned areas may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
At NJ Transit you will enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefit package:
• Comprehensive Family Health Insurance – Prescription, Dental, Vision
• Flexible Spending Account
• Life Insurance
• Paid Leave
• 401(a), 401(k) Retirement Plans- up to 9% match
• Tuition Assistance
• Qualified Transportation Expense Plan (QTE)
At NJ TRANSIT we support and depend upon the diversity of our staff.
NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer