H2M Architects + Engineers, a multidiscipline architectural, engineering, planning and environmental consulting firm with offices in NJ and NY seeks a Staff Planner to join our Parsippany, NJ office. Our planning department is looking for a hard-working and dynamic individual to work with our team on several exciting, major planning projects. Successful applicant will work under the direct supervision of experienced planners, but will also be expected to be a self-starter who is able to take initiative, complete assigned tasks efficiently under time constraints, and continuously develop planning knowledge and skillsets.
- Assist in the development of planning studies and reports.
- Gather, collect and analyze various planning data including economic, environmental, census, and market research data.
- Conduct field investigations to analyze factors affecting land use, transportation, and natural resources.
- Work in a team environment for the completion of a variety of planning assignments.
- Communicate planning information to various community stakeholders, including municipal officials, residents, business owners, and advocacy groups.
- Prepare presentations and gathers information for proposals.
- Participate in direct and online community engagement.
- Other planning-related duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Urban Planning or closely related discipline from an accredited program.
- 0-3 yrs. experience in urban planning or closely related field required.
- Experience in urban design and graphics tools such as Adobe Design Suite, Photoshop, SketchUp is highly desired.
- Ability to effectively use ArcGIS to analysis and visualization expected.
- Must have passion for facilitating community planning and engagement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning reports and projects.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and willingness to convey ideas among team members in highly interactive settings is essential.
- Understanding and interest in cutting-edge planning trends and issues required.
- New Jersey Professional Planning License within a reasonable timeframe.
- Understanding of fiscal and economic analysis desired.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical/dental/vision insurance with HSA & FSA, life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, annual bonus, tuition reimbursement, and excellent professional development program.
A firm doesn’t reach its 86 year without the contributions of a highly skilled and dedicated staff. At H2M, our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we’re always seeking new talent to join our team. Whether you’re a college student or a seasoned professional, we offer career opportunities at every level, in areas ranging from architecture to administration.
We’re passionate about our work, dedicated to our clients, and committed to our legacy. We emphasize collaboration and community involvement and promote sustainability in our practice, ensuring that the right projects are developed with minimal impact on the environment. Our integrated approach to design incorporates the diverse voices and visions of our staff into every project. Through mentoring, peer reviews, and professional development opportunities, employees at every level are offered the opportunity to share best practices and gain new experiences.
Since our early roots, our focus has remained steadfast: to provide quality service with sound judgment and to serve as an honest professional resource to our clients. With a dedicated, responsive staff and multiple service offerings under one roof, we blend “can-do” with “can-be,” developing real, workable solutions with a dose of innovation. Our diverse in-house expertise reduces the need for sub-consultants and ensures that our architects and engineers develop a comprehensive understanding of every project.
Providing solutions to a wide variety of markets, H2M brings the combined expertise of architectural design and building systems engineering to make your project a reality. With in-house MEP and structural teams, we’re able to take a holistic approach to project design that combines a practical approach with creative results.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to: SMAYO@H2M.COM