H2M Architects + Engineers, a multidiscipline architectural, engineering, planning and environmental consulting firm with offices in NJ and NY seeks a Staff Planner to join our Parsippany, NJ office.
Our planning department is looking for a hard-working and dynamic personality to work with our team on several exciting major planning projects on the immediate horizon. Successful applicant will work under the direct supervision of experienced planners, but will also be expected to be self-starter who is able to take initiative, complete assigned tasks efficiently under time constraints, and continuously develop planning knowledge and skillsets.
- Assist in the development of planning studies and reports.
- Gather, collect and analyze various planning data including economic, environmental, census, and market research data.
- Conduct field investigations to analyze factors affecting land use, transportation, and natural resources.
- Work in a team environment for the completion of a variety of planning assignments.
- Communicate planning information to various community stakeholders, including municipal officials, residents, business owners, and advocacy groups.
- Prepare presentations and gathers information for proposals.
- Participate in direct and online community engagement.
- Other planning-related duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Urban Planning or closely related discipline from an accredited program.
- 0-3 yrs. experience in urban planning or closely related field required.
- Experience in urban design and graphics tools such as Adobe Design Suite, Photoshop, SketchUp is highly desired.
- Ability to effectively use ArcGIS to analysis and visualization expected.
- Must have passion for facilitating community planning and engagement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning reports and projects.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and willingness to convey ideas among team members in highly interactive settings is essential.
- Understanding and interest in cutting-edge planning trends and issues required.
- New Jersey Professional Planning License within a reasonable timeframe.
- Understanding of fiscal and economic analysis desired.
How to Apply
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at: https://us232.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/h2m/Posting/View/8361