CME Associates, LLP is currently recruiting for a Staff Planner within our Planning Department. If you are a hard-working, self-motivated team player, we invite you to explore a career with CME.
- Designs and prepares special maps, posters, displays, land use maps, zoning maps and related materials
- Compiles base maps and prepares sketch maps
- Performs field visits and plots existing and adjacent structures in zoning cases
- Measures exact distances and prepares sketches of existing problems or proposals
- Assists Professional Planners in compiling information on special studies
- Calculates land acreages from base maps using GIS
- Compiles information and computes plotting data on maps using appropriate color matching distinction bases on information provided by other sections of the planning department
- The positions includes all other responsibilities that may be necessary to fulfill the duties associated with the Staff Planner role or as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS – REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in City, urban and Regional Planning or related field required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, CADD, GIS and Photoshop
- Knowledge with New Jersey environmental and planning statues
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Currently authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
QUALIFICATIONS – PREFERRED
- Master’s degree in City, Urban or Regional Planning preferred
- Prior Planning internship
- Practical experience such a preparing reports and proposals using written and graphic presentation skills
CME offers a competitive compensation package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, educational assistance program and paid time off.
How to Apply
To submit a copy of your cover letter, resume and application, please visit; https://apply.workable.com/cme-associates-llp/j/B318C5EE9F/