Cross County Connection, a non-profit Transportation Management Association in Marlton, NJ, seeks a full time Senior Transportation Planner to join our team. Cross County Connection’s service area includes the New Jersey counties of Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem. Cross County Connection’s mission is to improve the quality of life in southern New Jersey through transportation solutions. This mission is accomplished by facilitating the use of commute alternatives, such as, public transit, walking, bicycling and ridesharing.
For more information, visit www.driveless.com.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work independently with initiative and creativity to move projects to completion. The Senior Transportation Planner’s primary responsibility will be to implement the organization’s Community Transit/Shuttle Program. Duties will include transit service planning, communicating with project stakeholders and preparing administrative reports. They will also coordinate with the organization’s Marketing Department on shuttle advertising campaigns.
In addition to Community Transit/Shuttle Program activities, the Senior Transportation Planner will also assist Technical Staff with Cross County Connection’s additional planning work as needed. Typical subject areas include bicycle and pedestrian planning, transportation demand management and sustainable transportation policy. The Senior Transportation Planner will assist with conducting research and analysis, community outreach and the production of plans and reports. They will often represent Cross County Connection at municipal and county meetings and participate on regional and statewide steering committees.
The Senior Transportation Planner will be part of the organization’s Technical Staff and report directly to the Program Director.
Tasks the Senior Transportation Planner will be called upon to perform will include:
Transit/Shuttle Route Planning
- Assist with data collection and analysis for planning of new shuttle routes and revising existing routes
- Service planning tasks such as route design and scheduling
- Facilitate the roll-out of new and revised shuttle services, routes and schedules
- Act as a liaison between NJ TRANSIT, local governments, community shuttle service operators and other stakeholders
- Coordinate and facilitate the Atlantic County Transportation Work Group quarterly meetings
- Assist with outreach to employers/businesses along shuttle routes
- Assist with efforts to secure financial support for existing and new services through grant funding and other sources
- Assist with developing and administering ridership surveys
- Prepare administrative reports submitted to service funders
- Contribute to the development of bicycle and pedestrian planning studies
- Assist with conducting pedestrian and bicycle safety audits and developing Safe Routes to School Travel Plans
- Assist communities with preparing grant applications for bicycle and pedestrian projects
Sustainability Planning Efforts
- Provide technical assistance to municipalities seeking certification under the Sustainable Jersey program on transportation-related actions
- Conduct outreach and research to provide support to local governments, businesses, and community groups seeking to reduce their impact on the environment
- Research on government and private efforts to increase the adoption of electric vehicles
- Attend events to promote Cross County Connection as a sustainable transportation resource
- Master’s Degree in Urban & Regional Planning or related degree and/or experience
- Three or more years of professional planning experience
- NJ Professional Planner’s license and AICP Certification preferred, but not required
- Ability to interact with a diverse constituency, including local governments, employers, community groups and the general public
- Competency with spreadsheet and database applications
- Excellent research, analytical, writing and public speaking skills
- Ability and willingness to represent the organization at state, regional and local meetings and present information in front of large audiences
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, ability to establish realistic goals, and deliver quality work on schedule with minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license and availability of reliable personal vehicle to travel to meetings and conduct field work required
- Physical requirements generally occurring in an office environment, including but not limited to: light lifting (normally under 50 pounds)
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, from 8:30 to 5:00 PM at the organization’s Marlton office
Competitive salary based on experience. Excellent benefits package.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to:
Patrick C. Farley, P.P., AICP