The City of Jersey City is seeking a Senior Project Manager for the Department of Housing, Economic Development, and Commerce. The Senior Project Manager will serve as the City’s Municipal Housing Liaison and assist the Division of Affordable Housing (DOAH) in its efforts around municipally mandated affordable housing in Jersey City.
The Senior Project Manager will manage all the DOAH activities related to the marketing, compliance, and administration of affordable housing units. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all municipally mandated affordable housing projects are established and administered according to Chapter 188 of the Jersey City Municipal Code.
- Serves as the point of contact on municipally mandated affordable housing issues.
- Provide oversight and monitoring for the activities of any/all Administrative Agent’s resident income documentation files, Administrative Agent’s calculations of annual income certifications under both UHAC and HUD guidelines, Administrative Agent’s adherence to rent limit guidelines, and utility allowance calculations.
- Supervise the staff responsible for the management and tracking of project-specific files for progress, accuracy, and completeness.
- Manage the review and implementation of Affirmative Fair Housing Plans (AHMP) for each new municipally mandated affordable housing project.
- Coordinate and present training to Administrative Agents/Property Managers on AHMP requirements and other affordable housing compliance obligations.
- Interpret and implement applicable UHAC and HUD regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure each project’s compliance with Chapter 188 of the Jersey City Municipal Code.
- Correspond with property owners, property managers, and residents regarding quarterly and annual monitoring activities.
- Ensure that annual reporting requirements are followed, and reports maintained accordingly.
- Provide information to constituents on the types of affordable units within the municipality and, where applicable, the name of the Administrative Agent that manages the units and the contact information for the Administrative Agent.
- Assist in maintaining and updating the Consolidated Affordable Housing Portal (currently in design).
- Interpret and understand each project’s affordable housing obligation as outlined in the project’s Affordable Housing Agreement (AHA) and Deed Restriction.
- Attend and participate in meetings or public hearings related to municipally mandated affordable housing as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Educational Background:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Urban Policy, Public Administration, or Compliance is preferred. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Planning, or Urban Policy a plus. Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute additional experience as indicated on a year-for-year basis.
Four or more years of experience in community development, affordable housing development, or affordable housing property management is required. Relevant experience with UHAC regulatory requirements is preferred. Real Estate experience is a plus.
- Advanced ability to work with Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet software.
- Analytical capabilities related to rent, income limits, capabilities related to rent, income limits, and other housing and real estate calculations.
- Ability to understand and interpret current UHAC and HUD regulations for administering affordable housing.
- Ability to assist in workflow design and implementation.
- Ability to work self-sufficiently on assigned tasks as needed.
- Exceptional organizational skills and high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and foster positive and professional relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Technology skills: Basic computer literacy, database management, and the ability to use computer-based technology to complete different tasks. Basic web page management skills, while not required, are a plus.
How to Apply
To apply for this job with the City of Jersey City, please send your resume to email@example.com