Mercer County is seeking a professional planner with three to five years of experience in the sustainability field, preferably including interaction with governmental entities and/or programs.
Join a team of talented professionals in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment dedicated to serving the residents of Mercer County. At the County, you will work alongside a team of enthusiastic, focused and highly motivated professionals, who contribute their talents and commitment in providing essential public services to our residents and businesses on a daily basis.
Here is an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified professional to join a great organization and make valuable contributions as a Senior Planner. The Planning Department is a tight-knit team who focuses on producing results in innovative planning projects. We are looking for a highly motivated, reliable, collaborative and detail-orientated individual who thrives in a fast-paced work environment. As such, the ideal candidate must be open minded, flexible, and exhibit a high level of emotional intelligence. This position will be involved in the preparation and development of an environmental sustainability plan for Mercer County government, serve as a resource for sustainability efforts, pursue grant opportunities, and serve as County liaison to the Mercer County Sustainability Coalition, in addition to many other planning-related duties. You can review the detailed job description for Senior Planner on the County’s website (http://www.mercercounty.org/home/showdocument?id=13368).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban or regional planning, architecture, or a closely related field.
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) and/or New Jersey Professional Planner (PP) or qualified to pursue these certifications.
- Knowledge of governmental sustainability policies, programs and best practices.
- Ability to identify and analyze information pertaining to energy audits of governmental facilities.
- Excellent research and writing skills; previous experience, whether educational or professional, in researching and/or implementing sustainability policies and practices.
- Ability to manage and administer projects and coordinate programs with departments, municipalities, organizations and other administrative offices.
- Grant writing experience a plus.
Salary range $48,687 – $74,284
How to Apply
Candidate must be a Mercer County resident within one year of permanent employment. Candidate will be subject to all Civil Service regulations and processes. Send resume and cover letter no later than January 21, 2018 to:
Raissa L. Walker, Personnel Director, Mercer County Administration Building, 640 South Broad Street, PO Box 8068, Trenton, NJ 08650-0068.
Application form: http://www.mercercounty.org/home/showdocument?id=11527