Looking for an energetic, creative workplace and a strong desire to make a difference in communities in an established Planning Department…
H2M architects + engineers, a multidiscipline architectural, engineering, planning and environmental consulting firm with offices in NY and NJ seeks a dynamic Senior Planner to join our Parsippany, NJ office. Join us and help make that difference!
Specific work type includes:
- Master planning
- Zoning amendments
- Land use planning
- Affordable housing
- Urban design and conceptual plans
- Redevelopment for private and municipal clients
- Sustainable and resiliency planning
- Professional testimony
Note: Telecommuting options
- Performs advanced professional work related to variety of planning assignments.
- Manages complex planning studies, development applications and reviews consultant proposals.
- Reviews and processes complex comprehensive plan amendments, rezoning, site plans
- Prepares and develops responses to Request for Proposals. (RFP’s)
- Adept at preparing and presenting technical reports/graphics to policy making bodies.
- Conducts research and prepares statistical reports on land use, physical, social & economic issues.
- Prepares planning studies and testimony for land development applications.
- Schedules and conducts meetings with advisory boards and elected officials.
- Supervises more junior planners within organization.
- Experience in preparing redevelopment studies and plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning or closely related discipline from an accredited program.
- 6 plus years of progressive responsibility in comprehensive planning.
- Experience facilitating public meetings and preparing and presenting reports and proposals using verbal, written, and graphic presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of Adobe Design Suite, GIS computer experience or similar is desired.
- Must be a strong communicator that possess experience in structuring and facilitating community engagement processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for facilitating relationships with elected/appointed officials or other decision-makers.
- Creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- A strong-sense of teamwork.
- New Jersey Professional Planning License (P.P.) required.
- AICP Certification required.
Since our early roots, our focus has remained steadfast: to provide quality service with sound judgment and to serve as an honest professional resource to our clients. With a dedicated, responsive staff and multiple service offerings under one roof, we blend “can-do” with “can-be,” developing real, workable solutions with a dose of innovation. Our diverse in-house expertise reduces the need for sub-consultants and ensures that our architects and engineers develop a comprehensive understanding of every project. Providing solutions to a wide variety of markets, H2M brings the combined expertise of architectural design and building systems engineering to make your project a reality.
Please send resume to: email@example.com