Looking for an energetic, creative workplace and a strong desire to make a difference in communities in an established Planning Department? H2M architects + engineers, a multidiscipline architectural, engineering, planning and environmental consulting firm with offices in NY and NJ seeks a dynamic Senior Planner to join our Parsippany, NJ office. Join us and help make that difference!
Specific work type includes:
- master planning
- Zoning amendments
- land use planning
- affordable housing
- urban design and conceptual plans
- redevelopment for private and municipal clients
- Sustainable and resiliency planning
- professional testimony,
- Performs advanced professional work related to variety of planning assignments.
- Manages complex planning studies, development applications and reviews consultant proposals.
- Reviews and processes complex comprehensive plan amendments, rezoning, site plans.
- Prepares and develops responses to Request for Proposals. (RFP’s)
- Adept at preparing and presenting technical reports/graphics to policy making bodies.
- Conducts research and prepares statistical reports on land use, physical, social & economic issues.
- Prepares planning studies and testimony for land development applications.
- Schedules and conducts meetings with advisory boards and elected officials.
- Supervises more junior planners within organization.
- Experience in preparing redevelopment studies and plans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning or closely related discipline from an accredited program.
- 6 plus years of progressive responsibility in comprehensive planning.
- Experience facilitating public meetings and preparing and presenting reports and proposals using verbal, written, and graphic presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of Adobe Design Suite, GIS computer experience or similar is desired.
- Strong communicator that possess experience in structuring and facilitating community engagement processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning reports and projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for facilitating relationships with elected/appointed officials or other decision-makers.
- Creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- A strong-sense of teamwork.
- New Jersey Professional Planning License (P.P.) required.
- AICP Certification required.
A firm doesn’t reach its 85th+ birthday without the contributions of a highly skilled and dedicated staff. At H2M, our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we’re always seeking new talent to join our team. Whether you’re a college student or a seasoned professional, we offer career opportunities at every level, in areas ranging from architecture to administration. We’re passionate about our work, dedicated to our clients, and committed to our legacy. We emphasize collaboration and community involvement and promote sustainability in our practice, ensuring that the right projects are developed with minimal impact on the environment. Our integrated approach to design incorporates the diverse voices and visions of our staff into every project. Through mentoring, peer reviews, and professional development opportunities, employees at every level are offered the opportunity to share best practices and gain new experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical/dental/vision insurance with HSA & FSA, life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, annual bonus, tuition reimbursement, and excellent professional development program.
How to Apply
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org