Forbes List of America s Best Employers 2018
Move forward with us! At NJ TRANSIT, you ll join us in transforming the third-largest transportation agency in North America. We are committed to delivering safe, reliable service that gets customers to their destinations on time–and we re looking to hire talented folks with a love of learning to make it all possible.
- Prepares scope of work, cost estimates and schedules for facilities planning studies.
- Develops facilities planning projects with consultants and internal staff, including concept plans and related technical work for passenger facilities and parking expansions.
- Assists communities in developing appropriate zoning around transit facilities utilizing the principles of transit-friendly land use.
- Applies site feasibility, planning and engineering practice, and is familiar with the NJDEP permit process.
- Develops well-conceived project alternatives and prepares cost benefit analyses.
- Prepares data and support documentation on Rail and Bus facility project prioritization, funding and cost.
- Monitor facility inventories and maintains departmental databases.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
Bachelor s Degree in Transportation, Urban Planning, Engineering, Landscape Architecture or related area, and three (3) years of applied experience in planning, evaluating and developing transportation improvement projects. Excellent written, verbal and visual graphic communications skills and experience with AutoCAD, Access and Word desired. Master’s Degree in Urban Planning desired.
At NJ Transit you will enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefit package:
- Comprehensive Family Health Insurance – Prescription, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- 401(a), 401(k) Retirement Plans- up to 9% match
- Tuition Assistance
- Qualified Transportation Expense Plan (QTE)
At NJ TRANSIT we support and depend upon the diversity of our staff.
NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer