The NJ TRANSIT Planning Department is hiring a Senior Facilities Planner. The principal responsibilities include:
- Prepares scope of work, cost estimates and schedules for facilities planning studies.
- Develops facilities planning projects with consultants and internal staff, including concept plans and related technical work for passenger facilities and parking expansions.
- Assists communities in developing appropriate zoning around transit facilities utilizing the principles of transit-friendly land use.
- Applies site feasibility, planning and engineering practice, and is familiar with the NJDEP permit process.
- Develops well-conceived project alternatives and prepares cost benefit analyses.
- Prepares data and support documentation on Rail and Bus facility project prioritization, funding and cost.
- Monitor facility inventories and maintains departmental databases.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
Baccalaureate Degree in Transportation, Urban Planning, Engineering, Landscape Architecture or related area, and three (3) years of applied experience in planning, evaluating and developing transportation improvement projects. Excellent written, verbal and visual graphic communications skills and experience with AutoCAD, Access and Word desired. Master’s Degree in Urban Planning desired.
How to Apply
Go to the NJ TRANSIT careers website and apply.