The Hudson County Division of Planning is seeking a qualified part-time Seasonal Intern for 15-30 hours a week. The Seasonal Intern will support planning staff in areas of economic development, open space planning, and/or transportation planning. Additional responsibilities will be determined by interest and division needs. This position will report to the Division Chief.
- Support staff with research, data analysis, and preparing planning reports.
- Assist with writing technical reports, memos, letters and other correspondence.
- Synthesize grant data for distribution.
- Prepare documents pertaining to the County Open Space program.
- Perform site visits of County and municipal recreation facilities.
- Support compilation of 2020-2024 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy
- Conduct public outreach, assist with social media, and other tasks related to the Hudson County Ferry Service Expansion Assessment.
- Additional duties as required
- Pursing a degree in urban planning, city and regional planning, or similar.
- General interest and limited knowledge of urban design and planning, urban history and theory, planning and environmental law, and private and public development.
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with basic to moderately complex data analysis
- Basic photography skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with interviewing, conducting surveys, and conveying information to different audiences
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff members and supervisors
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.