The Alan M. Voorhees Transportation Center (VTC) at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ has a job opening for the Research Project Coordinator II position in support of the New Jersey Bicycle and Pedestrian Resource Center. For the past 10 years, the New Jersey Bicycle and Pedestrian Resource Center (BPRC) has assisted public officials, transportation and health professionals, and the public in creating a safer, more accessible walking and bicycling environment through research, education, and dissemination of information about best practices.
VTC is seeking a dynamic and motivated professional Research Project Coordinator (Bicycle and Pedestrian Policy and Planning Researcher) to join our team to assist principal investigators with the day-to-day management and execution of assigned projects. This position will immediately assume project management responsibility for planning and policy research and technical assistance projects. Tasks will include but will not be limited to:
- Develop and execute original research plans, schedules, and protocols;
- Oversee training and public outreach activities around the state;
- Write and edit reports, articles, and other written materials for publication online and in journals;
- Perform quantitative and qualitative research and data analysis, including survey design and analysis, and facilitate focus groups;
- Reinforce existing client/sponsor relationships and relationships with external constituents; and
- Manage project website.
Past and current projects and trainings have included:
- Evaluation of the New Brunswick Ciclovía
- Investigating barriers to bicycling
- Complete Streets case studies
- Measuring effects of crime on walking
- Regional complete streets workshops
- Pedestrian safety enforcement workshops
The ideal candidate will have current experience and expertise in the following areas: bicycle and pedestrian planning, urban design, transportation planning, community engagement, transportation equity, and complete streets. The successful candidate will have demonstrated project management experience and the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously. Additionally, the candidate will have a passion for creating a safe walking and bicycling environment for people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. Critical thinking and robust analytical skills are essential. Excellent communication skills, especially compelling writing skills are paramount. The ability to collaborate effectively internally and with external partners is also required. Candidates should:
- Have a bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of professional experience working with transportation planning and policy; Advanced degree may substitute for up to 2 years of professional experience.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills: oral, written and presentation;
- Be highly organized with attention to detail;
- Have a passion for the communities we serve and the work we do;
- Work as a cohesive team with a small group of highly skilled professionals;
Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, ArcGIS, Excel, WordPress and HTML preferred. Knowledge of a second language is a plus. The Research Project Coordinator II position will report directly to the Senior Research Project Manager and indirectly to center’s senior management team.
How to Apply
Apply here: http://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/81508