The Berkshire Regional Planning Commission’s Public Health Program seeks a Senior Planner to help coordinate the Berkshire Overdose Addiction Prevention Collaborative (BOAPC) and multiple initiatives to reduce substance use disorders (SUD) and increase access to and engagement with youth prevention, harm reduction, treatment, and recovery services in Berkshire County.
Experience in public health, substance use harm reduction, data collection and reporting, budgeting and financial reporting, community engagement, youth empowerment, coalition building, and grant management is essential. Prior experience and a strong working knowledge of youth substance use prevention and protection are preferred. A Master’s degree in a relevant field plus at least two years of relevant experience or a Bachelor’s degree plus at least four years of relevant experience is required. Depending on education and experience, the starting salary range is $61,697-$71,805.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serving as a BRPC public health expert for issues relating to the SUD Lifecycle of Prevention, Harm Reduction, Treatment, and Recovery.
- Coordinating and co-loading BOAPC/BRPC projects. Including:
- Managing deliverables for multiple grants, budgeting, creating and updating strategic plans and logic models, coordinating subcontractors, invoicing, program planning, publicity, and outreach, facilitating meetings, building coalitions, representing BRPC at local, state and regional meetings, and all other coordinator tasks.
- Data collection, analysis, evaluation, and reporting. Including:
- Collecting quantitative data from external sources and maintaining internal collection tools for project implementation partners.
- Conducting focus groups, informant interviews, and surveys to collect qualitative data from multiple community partners.
- Coordinating evaluation and reporting with project partners, BRPC staff, research/evaluation partners, grant managers, and community stakeholders.
- Coordinating with other local and regional youth prevention and SUD-related activities and representing BRPC on local, state, and regional workgroups/committees.
- Pursuing additional SUD and youth prevention and protection opportunities, including identifying relevant opportunities, coordinating partners, and coordinating grant writing.
- Proactively cultivating working relationships with local and regional community partners.
- Planning, coordinating, and facilitating meetings, training, and events as required.
- Leading and/or supporting communication activities, including newsletters, social media, press interviews, and broader print and digital communications campaigns in coordination with other BRPC staff and consultants.
- Working with Alliance and Public Health Program staff to identify, write, and manage grants.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
The Sr. Planner must have access to a vehicle and the ability to travel throughout Berkshire County at all times of the year to attend meetings, events, and training. Occasional travel outside the county may be required.
BRPC Planners currently have flexible work schedules at the discretion of their supervisor, with all staff required to be in the Pittsfield office at least two days per week and the expectation that core work hours are covered. The Sr. Planner must be available for local activities and events as required. Full-time Planners must work a minimum of 35 hours a week with occasional night and weekend meetings and activities as required.
BRPC may not alter the posted salary range unless the position is re-reposted. BRPC is a drug and smoke-free workplace, does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, or gender, and actively seeks diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its hiring.
To apply: Submit a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted via email only. Please include the phrase “Public Health Senior Planner” in the subject line. No telephone calls. Position available immediately until filled. EOE/Smoke and Drug-free Workplace.
How to Apply
Email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com