Middletown Township is seeking a Planner Trainee/ Urban Designer Trainee to perform a variety of municipal planning activities and described below. Must be able to work well with the public and should possess a bachelor’s degree in subjects in, or similar to, land use planning, environmental planning, urban design, geography, English, environmental design, architecture, or landscape architecture. Microsoft Office and Geographic Information System (GIS) strongly encouraged.
- Manage Middletown’s Sustainable Jersey certification.
- Includes audit of internal operations and purchasing to discover alternative methods and products that are sustainable.
- Review existing ordinances and Township policies and make recommendations related to updated techniques for recycling and solid waste management; optimization of climatic conditions through site orientation and design; green building!
- Update and maintain the Township’s Energy Master Plan
- Assist with the development of the Township’s Green Buildings and Environmental Sustainability Master Plan Element
- Grant writing and administration. Focus on and pursue grants on the Township’s behalf that promote resilience, green infrastructure, energy efficiency for public facilities, efficient use of natural resources and the installation and usage of renewable energy systems; and that allow for ecosystems to function naturally, conserve and reuse of water, treat stormwater on-site.
- Green Team administrator, prepare meeting agendas, meeting minutes, run green team events, create, and maintain relationships with outside organizations, local businesses.
- Build Social Media presence to promote existing sustainability programs and the Township’s award-winning Recycling and Waste Reduction Education Program
Salary will be commensurate with experience with full benefits package. Middletown is an E.O.E.
How to Apply
Applications are available online at www.middletownnj.org. Please send resume and application to the attention of Cindy Veneziano, Human Resources. 1 Kings Highway Middletown, NJ 07748 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.