Acuity Consulting Services, LLC, a multidisciplinary planning, program administration, and allied services firm with offices in NJ, seeks a full-time or part-time Planner/Professional Planner to join our Brick, NJ office. The position provides the opportunity to work on a wide range of public and private sector planning projects. We offer a competitive compensation package and hybrid work opportunities. Three or more years of planning experience is required. The successful applicant will work under the direct supervision of an experienced planner or work alongside other experienced planners, depending on the applicant’s level of experience, and will also be expected to be a self-starter who is able to take initiative and complete assigned tasks efficiently under time constraints.
- Excellent written communication skills for preparing planning reports and related deliverables is required. Writing samples are required for review and consideration.
- Understanding and interest in current planning trends and issues as well as a commitment to maintaining a knowledge base of cutting edge planning issues is required.
- A working knowledge of key New Jersey planning statutes and regulations (e.g., Municipal Land Use Law, Local Redevelopment and Housing Law, etc.) and experience completing projects under the purview of these statutes and regulations is required.
- Maintaining a current regulatory knowledge base as it pertains to planning regulations, and becoming familiar with new regulations, policies, etc. as they are enacted is required.
- Experience with affordable housing planning and a working knowledge of the basic regulatory requirements for affordable housing is preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in using urban design and graphics applications/software such as Adobe Design Suite, Photoshop, SketchUp, etc. is a plus but not required.
- Proficiency in using ArcGIS for analysis and generation of mapping exhibits is a plus but not required.
How to Apply
Please email resumes to: email@example.com