Nelson, Pope & Voorhis (NPV) is a different kind of firm – we are experts in finding creative and sustainable solutions for our public and private clients in the area of complex environmental project management, land use and environmental planning and analysis. We offer a relaxed and collaborative office environment. This combination of business acumen, commitment to the environment and our enjoyment of the day-to-day elements of our business, makes us uniquely qualified to finding solutions for the world we live in.
Our team of professionals includes planners and economic analysts, ecologists, hydrologists, wetlands specialists and environmental professionals. Our employees are recognized as experts in the environmental, land use and planning field and we represent local municipal and regulatory boards and agencies, developers, and not-for-profit organizations.
NPV is seeking a self-motivated and energetic Planner to work with our senior planning staff in our growing Hudson Valley Office, located in Suffern, NY. We represent numerous municipal and private clients in Rockland, Orange, Ulster, Sullivan, Dutchess and Westchester counties. Our Hudson Valley office also supports the professional team in our Melville, Long Island office.
- Assist with and conduct land use application reviews, environmental reviews in accordance with SEQRA, and preparing baseline studies and reports related to the planning field, including data gathered in the preparation of comprehensive plans.
- Attend evening board meetings as staff planner for municipal clients within our region.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: land use, zoning, and demographic analysis; fiscal impact analysis, natural resource and ecological analysis, wetland delineations, traffic studies, visual impact studies, and similar environmental planning responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of SEQR and New York State municipal laws.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in planning and at least 3 years of progressive planning experience.
- AICP candidate; certification is preferred.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS and some experience with Sketchup and Adobe Photoshop or Corel Graphics Suites required.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
Salary and Benefits
NPV offers a competitive salary commensurate with level of education and professional experience as well as medical and other benefits.
Nelson, Pope & Voorhis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest including salary history/requirements, at least one technical writing sample. Please transmit your qualifications package to email@example.com.