- Perform tasks related to all assigned specific aspects of a project.
- Manage large scale projects that require very limited to no supervision.
- Keep the immediate Supervisor appraised of status of schedule, work completion and budget.
- Facilitate public meetings as well as attend night meetings for clients.
- Responsible for client management, project management and budget conscious.
- Prepare and present reports and proposals using verbal, written, and graphic presentation skills.
- Supervise staff and direct work for municipal reviews and site observations as related to Planning Services.
- Continually seek to improve technical expertise.
- Maintain good relationships with clients.
- Provide training to other staff members.
- The position includes all other responsibilities that may be necessary to fulfill the duties associated with the position or as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in City and Regional Planning or related field required. Master’s degree in City and Regional Planning or related field preferred.
- New Jersey Licensed Professional Planner (PP).
- Membership and Certification through American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
- Experience in affordable housing planning for public clients preferred.
- Technical planning skills: Coordinate with clients, and various departments within organization to complete assigned planning projects within project budget and schedule, including but not limited to the following;
- Experience preparing redevelopment studies and plans
- Experience in preparing and providing private sector planning testimonies preferred;
- Experience working on Plan Endorsement Projects preferred;
- Experience holding office hours in a municipal government setting as an in-house or consulting municipal planner, preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite; Prepare detailed reports and presentation slides to explain project progress for clients and within organizations.
- Ability to perform specific technical calculations necessary for the departmental assignments;
- Ability to manage and maintain project budgets; perform all assigned tasks in a timely manner within the parameters of the project budget and schedule.
- A willingness to work overtime, as needed, to complete the assigned tasks.
- Familiarity with New Jersey Environmental and Planning Statutes; familiarity with same in New York is a plus.
- Familiarity with municipal and government structures, laws, and business procedures in jurisdictions of projects assigned
CME offers a competitive compensation package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage.
How to Apply
Please apply via the following: https://apply.workable.com/cme-associates-llp/j/83153DF2F7/ or send resumes directly to email@example.com