THA is seeking a Part-Time Parking and Mobility Planning Intern for our New Brunswick, NJ office. The ideal candidate is a graduate student who is currently pursuing a Master of City and Regional Planning (MCRP). Candidates should have strong writing skills and be proficient with Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint. A basic understanding of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop programs is a plus.
This position will work on a variety of comprehensive evaluations and studies of parking mobility systems throughout the region. The candidate must be at the level at which candidates can execute assignments independently with minimal guidance. Candidates must also possess the communication skills necessary for effective project team collaboration and relationship building (internal & external teams).
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform field visits to assess parking supply and demand within a study area
- Perform car counts
- Prepare summary reports with text and graphic components
- Research recent trends in parking, mobility, smart growth, and Transportation Demand Management (TDM) strategies
- Prepare financial proformas projecting expenses and revenues
- Provide data analysis and visualization support to prepare reports
To perform field work candidates must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle preferred.
Work hours are flexible, and the start date is anticipated for August/September 2023.
How to Apply
To apply send a resume and cover letter including cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) via email to Nan Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org.