Unicorn Consulting Solutions, LLC provides value-added project and program management solutions to the transportation industry. Located in Mt. Laurel, NJ, our mission is to have a meaningful impact on our clients, the public, and the transportation industry, one project at a time. We apply proactive risk identification and problem-solving to each project for optimal results.
The Community Development Planner (CDP) will work directly with Township officials to reexamine the current Master Plan (MP) and development regulations. The CDP may be required to perform site visits or attend in-person meetings and will have the flexibility to work remotely otherwise. The CDP will review the current MP, Zoning and Land Development Ordinances, annual reports from the Board of Adjustments, recent board approvals, and other planning reports prepared on issues regarding the Township (i.e., Stormwater Management Plan, Bicycle & Pedestrian MP, Housing Element & Fair Share Plan, Open Space & Recreation Plan, etc.). The CDP will also incorporate information on reports or projects currently underway (i.e., redevelopment plans, long-range plans, etc.) to address immediate planning initiatives. The outcome/deliverable will be a reexamination report.
- Task for development of the reexamination report include but is not limited to:
- Identify major problems and objectives relating to land development in the township at the time of the adoption of the current MP.
- Analyze the problems identified and determining the degree to which existing planning documents and/or zoning regulations are addressing current issues.
- Identify the extent to which there have been significant changes in the assumptions, policies and objectives forming the basis for the MP or development regulations as last revised.
- Identify any recommended changes for the MP and/or development regulations, including underlying objectives, policies and standards, or whether a new plan or regulations should be prepared.
- Address recommendations of the Township planning board concerning the incorporation of redevelopment plans adopted pursuant to the “Local Redevelopment and Housing Law,” P.L. 1992, c. 79 (C.40A:12A-1 et al.) into the land use element of the municipal MP, and recommended changes, if any, in the local development regulations necessary to effectuate the redevelopment plans of the municipality.
As a result of the reexamination report, the CDP will prepare the more critical zoning revisions in areas where there are excessive zoning board of adjustment applications in order for the zoning to be consistent with the MP, and where public policy initiatives shall be modified to meet current local, County and State regulations.
The CDP will conduct a thorough public outreach effort to solicit the opinions and concerns of diverse communities within the Township. Additionally, the CDP will work in conjunction with Township planners, attorneys, and staff.
- Keen knowledge regarding notice requirements, requirements and processes for the adoption of a Master Plan Reexamination Report and Zoning Ordinances, and the ability to review development applications.
- Certified to provide planning services in the State of New Jersey (licensed Professional Planner (PP), and certification from the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) is preferred.
- Ten (10) years of experience in providing consulting services to municipalities including demonstrated experience with these types of services.
- Strong knowledge regarding New Jersey State agency rules and policies such as New Jersey Municipal Land Use Law (MLUL), Council of Affordable Housing (COAH), New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (NJDCA), New Jersey Department of Environmental Protections (NJDEP), New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT), etc.
- Experienced in development of a MP, a MP Reexamination Report, and Zoning Ordinances that have been approved and enacted upon.
- Proven record of successful advisory services to municipalities and/or public sector entities of mid-size Townships.
- Ability to be able to respond promptly to emergent matters.