The communications and development assistant is an entry-level full-time position working at our Trenton headquarters and will primarily support the communications and development team as well as provide administrative support as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Creating and updating web content, including copy and graphics, for various sites.
- Designing new or utilizing established email templates to be used in email service platforms.
- Basic formatting of reports, flyers, and PowerPoint presentations, and preparing correspondence.
- Assisting with social media campaigns and day-to-day activities including development of content, including images, and scheduling of posts.
- Research support in the area of communications, marketing and fundraising as needed.
- Assisting with outreach and follow-up with event sponsors and funders.
- Event support assisting with printed materials including program books, updating documents, coordinating speakers, exhibitors and vendors, on-site event set-up, etc.
- Assist with media relations including maintaining an accurate and current media contact list and distribute press notices as required.
- Creating and maintaining accurate and current databases and email lists using assorted software platforms.
- Scheduling and supporting meetings and events including inviting attendees, securing meeting locations, preparing meeting materials, note-taking and providing on-site support as needed.
- Assist with administrative functions including travel arrangements, file organizations and other tasks.
- Demonstrated track record of working well in a team environment.
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Solid organizational skills, including ability to organize project tasks, manage multiple contact lists and work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Knowledge and experience working with an email provider (Constant Contact preferred); design software (Adobe or Canva preferred); and database software.
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office and Google G Suite.
- Poise in interacting and coordinating with a diverse group of individuals.
- Motivated by the organization’s issues and a strong mission-driven work ethic.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience, but on the scale of a small nonprofit organization, and will range between $34,000 and $36,000 plus benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Marianne Jann at firstname.lastname@example.org.