Recruitment/Posting Title: Senior Program Coordinator
Department: Facilities Planning and Development
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the State of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766 and celebrating a milestone 250th anniversary in 2016, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 67,000 students and 22,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world. Rutgers University–New Brunswick took root nearly 250 years ago. We are the state’s most comprehensive intellectual resource—the flagship campus of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, as designated by the Association of American Universities. We are the region’s most high-profile public research institution and a leading national research center with a global impact.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Senior Program Coordinator to report to the Manager of University Planning and Development. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks including developing technical support and analysis on physical planning initiatives for various sectors of the university. Functioning collaboratively, among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Assists with general planning issues, including transportation planning, land use planning, site planning, data collection and analysis, and public meetings and forums.
- Addresses statewide responsibilities and urban, suburban, and rural projects as well as a wide variety of academic, administrative, research, healthcare, and infrastructure projects.
- Assists the Manager in external agency coordination and participates in external agency studies, and under the Manager’s guidance assembles appropriate support technical and planning documents and feedback on University interests impacted by external agency projects.
- Reviews and summarizes materials including plans, studies, design drawings, and reports.
- Serves as a representative of the University at various meetings and activities.
- Provides planning support to the Manager of Planning and Development on projects supporting Division of Institutional Planning and Operations strategic initiatives. These projects will range in scope, focus, and duration as per the needs of the Division.
- Recommends infrastructure and design improvements and creates summary graphics and graphics-based material.
- Assists with the development of graphics potentially generated from graphics software like GIS or Adobe Creative Suite.
Involved in the development of projects managed by other university units, which can be initiated by sister departments within Institutional Planning & Operations or other administrative groups at the University.
Position Status: Full Time
Daily Work Shift: Day
Annual Minimum Salary: $52,557
Annual Mid-Range Salary: $65,441.50
Annual Maximum Salary: $78,326
Standard Hours: 37.5
Union Description: URA-AFT Administrative
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Benefits: Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Terms of Appointment: Staff – 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility: ABP
Minimum Education and Experience:
– Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
– A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Must be proficient in using the Microsoft suite of products.
– Knowledge and experience in using Adobe Creative Suite for the purposes of graphic communications.
– Must be able to understand and articulate general planning principles; especially in regards to transportation planning and land use planning.
– A degree in Urban Planning or City and Regional Planning is preferred.
– Geographic Information Systems for the purposes of data display and some minor analysis is strongly preferred.
– Adobe Creative Suite
– Geographic Information Systems
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The position is expected to function in a professional office work environment and activities that may be indoors or outdoors.
Posting Number: 17ST1814
Posting Open Date: 04/11/2017
Posting Close Date: 05/11/2017
Regional Campus: Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus: Off-Campus
Location Details: 33 Knightsbridge Road
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
It is university policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. As an institution, we value diversity of background and opinion, and prohibit discrimination or harassment on the basis of any legally protected class in the areas of hiring, recruitment, promotion, transfer, demotion, training, compensation, pay, fringe benefits, layoff, termination or any other terms and conditions of employment. For additional information please see the Non-Discrimination Statement at the following web address: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/non-discrimination-statement
– Cover Letter/Letter of Application
– List of References
Visit https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/43909 to apply. Resume is required, cover letter/letter of application and list of references are optional.