The Hudson County Division of Housing and Community Development (the “Division”), which oversees a number of federal and local housing, community development and homeless programs, is seeking an experienced Program Assistant to assist the Division’s efforts around affordable housing in Hudson County. The Program Assistant will work directly with the HOME Investment Partnerships Program, Foreclosure Prevention Initiatives and Lead Safe Housing Program.
- Assist Program Director with the implementation of the HOME program
- Oversee monitoring of all HOME funded rental projects
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding compliance monitoring related matters.
- Provide technical assistance to property managers as needed.
- Interpret and implement applicable Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) regulations and guidelines.
- Maintain HOME Portfolio and schedule for monitoring HOME assisted projects.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with developers, project managers, non-profit organizations and other agencies.
Foreclosure Registry and Prevention
- Assist Program Director with the development and implementation of the Foreclosure Program
- Maintain Foreclosure Registry data systems
- Oversee outreach efforts to Hudson County homeowners in foreclosure.
- Research and coordinate with foreclosure service providers to develop new foreclosure programming.
- Assist participating municipalities with local programming as needed.
Lead Safe Housing Program
- Assist Program Director in various lead hazard reduction demonstration programming initiatives.
- Assist Program Director and Division Chief with various affordable housing and community development activities as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in Community Development and/or Affordable Housing preferred
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point. Access a plus.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing multiple projects and initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Familiarity with HUD Community Planning and Development programs and grant management
- Familiarity with affordable housing in the State of New Jersey.
- Strong professional writing skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of management, staff and consumers
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- A strong work ethic, integrity, and the highest ethical standards are expected
- Demonstrated experience with and sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values and attitudes
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Katie Brennan at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 20, 2017.