Environmental Resolutions, Inc. (ERI) is an engineering, planning, environmental and land surveying consulting firm dedicated to providing our clients with professional services since 1990.
ERI is seeking an experienced Land Use Planner to act as a key liaison and project manager. The successful candidate must have knowledge and skill in comprehensive land use planning, resource protection, and redevelopment. The ideal candidate will be a strong critical thinker with solid verbal and written communication skills who can successfully collaborate with a wide range of individuals and coordinate projects through municipal and state review and approval processes.
- Work as a team member, as well as independently, on a wide range of project types focusing on mixed-use, residential, industrial, and commercial projects.
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines such as private developers, municipal leaders and staff, and residents.
- Represent projects at stakeholder meetings and public hearings.
- Grant writing.
- Perform municipal planning functions to include site and subdivision reviews, economic development feasibility studies, master plans and updates, redevelopment studies and plans, housing plans, natural resource inventories, recreation master plans and park plans, and wastewater management plans.
- Prepare documents for the State of New Jersey as required.
- Prepare due diligence reports, applications, land use justifications and project narratives.
- Prepare Environmental Impact Statements.
- Research and coordinate permit requirements for development projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in City/Regional or Environmental Planning from an accredited program. Masters Degree preferred.
- AICP certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, particularly with NJ Municipal Land Use Law.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in multiple municipalities.
- Ability to interpret and apply municipal ordinances.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to work/negotiate with local review agencies and stakeholder groups on behalf of client’s needs.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to speak before governing bodies and neighborhood groups.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com