Cross County Connection is a non-profit Transportation Management Association (TMA) providing transportation-related services in New Jersey’s seven southern counties. Since 1989, Cross County Connection has been working with private sector businesses, counties, municipalities and commuters to provide solutions for transportation problems in southern New Jersey. Please visit www.driveless.com for more information.
Cross County Connection TMA seeks a full time GIS Analyst to work in its Marlton, NJ office, Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. This position requires an experienced individual who requires little supervision as he/she will be the only staff member with GIS experience in the office. The GIS Analyst will work directly with planning staff and report to the Program Director.
Job Description: The GIS Analyst will provide support to planning staff producing printed and digital web maps to compliment reports, presentations, brochures and websites. Typical projects include public transit and shuttle bus route planning, bicycle route planning, Safe Routes to School planning and other projects. A successful candidate will be able to:
- Obtain, analyze and integrate spatial data and determine how to best present the information using the ArcGIS platform.
- Create presentation-quality maps for a variety of internal uses, as well as externally for clients.
- Serve as the primary steward for all project data, including maintaining and updating data, ensuring its accuracy and making it available to project collaborators.
- Operate and maintain GIS system hardware, software, GPS equipment, and plotter.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Planning, Geography or related field.
- 2 to 3 years experience using ArcGIS in a professional environment.
- Advanced ability using ArcGIS 10.x to generate maps and maintain data without supervision.
- Proficiency digitizing spatial and tabular data using advanced editing tools.
- Experience with map layout, design, labeling, symbolization, and large format printing.
- Experience with advanced GIS concepts using Geoprocessing Tools and creating raster data with the Spatial Analyst extension.
- Ability to establish address locating tools to geocode addresses and generate quality location-based datasets for analysis.
- Ability and willingness to conduct field work using Arc Collector.
- Ability to effectively communicate with GIS professionals to obtain and share spatial data in universal data formats.
- Experience publishing data to ArcGIS Online, Google Drive, and maintaining spatial data on web portals.
- Familiarity with open source transportation data (GTFS) and converting transit data to/from KML and Shapefile formats is a plus.
- Experience producing web mapping applications and interactive maps to display spatial information is a plus.
- Proficient with MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
- Intermediate ability to edit published maps using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro to simplify spatial information for brochures and websites.
- Represent organization at state, regional and local meetings and present information in front of large audiences.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, ability to establish realistic goals, and deliver quality work on schedule with minimal supervision.
- An interest in transportation and land use planning.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter via email to:
Ronda R. Urkowitz, PP, AICP