Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech is seeking a mid-level Community and Economic Development Planner to work in either their: Harrisburg, PA; Blue Bell, PA, or Parsippany, NJ offices.
The selected candidate will contribute to the development of a variety of community and regional planning work including but not limited to comprehensive plans, master plans, strategic plans, resiliency plans, implementation plans, economic revitalization plans, disaster recovery plans, district and neighborhood plans, redevelopment plans, highest and best use plans and market analysis.
The individual will work in a team environment with staff members from various disciplines and will be responsible for performing a range of community and economic development planning functions. This position will work on the following items:
Collecting and analyzing and synthesizing data related to economic development, community development, housing, infrastructure and land use planning. Technical writing for sections of reports, planning documents and other related documents. Developing strategic actions and implementation steps. Assist and lead public engagement meetings and stakeholder interviews. Participate in public speaking engagements. Assist in the implementation of community and economic development goals, objectives, policies, strategies and projects through identifying and securing public funding from regional, state and federal funding opportunities.
3-5 years’ experience developing comprehensive plans, master plans, economic development plans, community development plans, resiliency plans, housing plans, infrastructure plans, brownfield redevelopment plans, revitalization plans, market studies, highest and best use plans, land use plans and ordinances and resiliency plans. Experience should be focused on collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data in order to professionally compose sections of these types of plans with project and implementation focus.
- Experience working with financing, incentive and/or real estate development funding for project implementation.
- Experience participating on project teams.
- Experience preparing technical and professionally written portions of public documents.
- Experience participating and leading public meetings, stakeholder engagements and interviews.
- Experience with ESRI GIS products.
- Experience writing bid documents and proposals for planning related projects.
- Experience with zoning codes, subdivision and land development plan review and approval
- Work with elected officials, public policy makers, administrative staff, planning commissions members and authority members.
- Experience working a wide variety of stakeholders including business leaders
- For New Jersey Candidates – experience working with New Jersey Planning law and have a Professional Planning certificate (not required but preferred)
- Analytical skills related to qualitative and quantitative demographic data, economic data and qualitative data.
- Public speaking and writing skills
- Working knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of community and regional planning, economic development and land use planning. Work in a team environment while also functioning independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, the general public, elected officials, business leaders and a variety of stakeholders.
- Multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle and pass a motor vehicle records check
- B.S degree in urban planning, regional planning, urban studies, landscape architecture, environmental, economics, or public administration. M.S. degree in one of the above listed majors is desirable. American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP), Registered Landscape Architecture (RLA), Certification in Floodplain Management (CFM), New Jersey Professional Planner Certification and/or Certified Economic Development Professionals.
Must be able to travel throughout the northeast portion of the country and possibly other parts of the country. Will participate on site tours throughout communities. Site tours may involve many different types of terrain and conditions. Will be working outside occasionally. Work and travel to client locations is required. Some work in the evenings and weekend may be required. Required to drive to sites and meeting locations.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability – No calls or agencies
How to Apply
Apply online at: www.tetratech.com/careers and search for Job #: 10300000536