The County of Morris (https://morriscountynj.gov/2018/05/assistant-planner-2/) is seeking a qualified candidate with understanding and experience in planning and GIS to work in the Office of Planning and Preservation. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance in the administration of the Flood Mitigation Trust Fund Program
- GIS mapping and data analyses for the County’s Preservation Trust Fund programs, Long Range Planning and Land Development Review sections
- Assistance in the development of Wastewater Management Plans
- Knowledge of traditional land use as well as environmental and preservation planning issues a plus, in addition ability to assist with various planning reports and potential site review work
- Ability to do occasional field work/site visits as necessary to support various planning initiatives
- Strong Arc GIS skills, including but not limited to presentation map creation, data maintenance and analytical maps. Mapping and GIS support for the various programs (Flood Mitigation, Wastewater management etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to work independently and with a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Access.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree including or supplemented by 21 semester hour credits in professional planning subjects such as the principles of land use planning, history of city planning, planning project design, and planning law and administration and a minor or certificate in GIS
- One (1) year of professional experience in municipal, county, regional, or state planning.
- NOTE: Possession of a current and valid license as a Professional Planner in New Jersey issued by the New Jersey Board of Professional Planners may be substituted for the education requirement.
- NOTE: Possession of a Master’s degree in Planning from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one (1) year of indicated experience.
Appointees will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey.
Preferred but not required:
- Three (3) years of experience
- Knowledge of County Planning.
Salary Range is $41,450 to $48,359 dependent on experience and skills
How to Apply
Please fill out our online employment form to apply: https://morriscountynj.wufoo.com/forms/morris-county-nj-application-for-employment/