- This event has passed.
Affordable Housing Therapy Session: A Discussion of Effective Affordable Housing Administration
June 28, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm$65
The Affordable Housing Professionals of New Jersey, in collaboration with the New Jersey Chapter of the American Planning Association, is hosting a timely symposium on effective affordable housing administration at the Metro Top Plaza in South Iselin, NJ on June 28th. The symposium will feature a panel discussion with experts on topics including:
- The status and implications of municipal affordable housing obligations court cases;
- Applying 2017 income limits and rent increases;
- Changes in funding for Supportive Housing
- Administrative Agent challenges in qualifying tenants
- Pros and cons of 100% Affordable Development
- How to find Emergency Housing
- How to handle undocumented applicants
- Best practices in serving very low income applicants
- How and when to extend expiring use controls
American Planning Association AICP Certification Maintenance credits and Supreme Court of NJ Board on Continuing Legal Education credits are both pending.
Registration fees: $65/AHPNJ or NJAPA members, $100/non-AHPNJ and non-NJAPA members. Registration fee includes light breakfast and hot lunch.
Registration policies: Advance registration is required, no walk-ins. No refunds.
Agenda for June 28th:
- 9:30am-10:00am: Sign-in, Networking & Continental Breakfast
- 10:00am-12:00pm: Panel discussion on affordable housing administration best practices
- 12:00pm-12:30pm: Buffet and Lunch Discussion
- 12:30pm-2:00pm: Afternoon Panel: Group Therapy – Bring your questions, get suggestions and support from experienced housing professionals
Register here: Online registration will apply to all attendees whether paying online, by check, or with a purchase order. Space is limited so register soon!