For those individuals who may defer taking or are unable to take the AICP exam because of the high cost, APA and AICP encourage you to submit an application for the Reduced AICP Exam Fee Scholarships. The APA New Jersey Chapter has been allotted one scholarship for each exam window in May and November.
Scholarship recipients pay reduced fees to AICP as follows:
- First time AICP applicants: $125 (combined $60 application and $65 exam fee) (Regularly $485)
- Previously approved AICP applicants: $65 (exam fee only) (Regularly $425)
Reduced AICP Exam Fee Scholarship Selection Criteria
Applicant shall submit a written explanation of financial hardship (including financial hardship caused by a budget cutback in a firm or agency), which necessitates the request.
- Members of ethnic or racial minorities shall be given preference.
- The applicant(s) selected will be otherwise unlikely to take the exam without the reduced fee.
- The applicant’s employer will not subsidize the exam fee.
It is ultimately up to each chapter PDO to decide what constitutes financial hardship. Item #1 merely gives the general framework. The final scholarship recipient selection rests with the PDO and shall be final.
How to apply
Please e-mail a brief paragraph explaining how you meet the above criteria along with your name, address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for scholarship applications::
- December 1st for the May exam period
- July 10th for the November exam period